1. GENERAL INFORMATION
The National Council for Research, Technology and Innovation (NCRTI) is the supreme government advisory body responsible for shaping and implementing a national strategy for Research, Technological Development and Innovation (RTDI). The Council assists the competent Minister or Alternate Minister or Deputy Minister in charge of Research and Technology as well as the General Secretary for Research and Innovation (former General Secretariat for Research and Technology was renamed General Secretariat for Research and Technology by Presidential Decree (P.D.) 3/6.01.2021, article 3) in matters falling within their remit.
Related link in greek language : https://esetek.gov.gr/
2. CURRENT MEMBERS OF THE NCRTI ARE:
- Spyridon Artavanis Tsakonas, Professor Emeritus of Cell Biology, Harvard Medical School, President.
- Aristides-Thomas Doxiadis, Social Scientist and Economist, Vice-President.
- Vassilios Antoniadis, Economist, Member.
- Theodoros Theodorou, Professor of Chemical Engineering, National Technical University of Athens (NTUA), Member.
- Evangelos Karkaletsis, Director of the Institute of Informatics and Telecommunications (IIT), NCSR “Demokritos”, Member.
- Nicky Goulimis, Entrepreneur, Co-founder and Board Director at Nova Credit, Independent Non-executive Director at Hellas Direct.
- Vassiliki Kinti, Professor of History and Philosophy, National and Kapodistrian University of Athens (NKUA), Member.
- Eugenia – Eliza Konofagou, Professor of Biomedical Engineering & Radiology, School of Engineering and Applied Science, Columbia University, Member.
- Stavroula Bachtalia, business executive, Member.
- Evangelos Bekiaris, Director of the Hellenic Institute of Transport (HIT) at CERTH, Member.
- Emilianos Chalamandaris, Head of TTS – R&D at Samsung Greece, Member.
- Anastasia Ailamaki, Professor of Computer Sciences at the Ecole Polytechnique Fédérale de Lausanne (EPFL), Director of the Data-Intensive Applications and Systems (DIAS) Lab; co-founder of RAW Labs SA.
- Eleftheria Zeggini, Director of the Institute of Translational Genomics, Helmholtz Zentrum Munchen, Germany.
- Christina Koulouri, Professor in Modern and Contemporary History, Rector of the Panteion University of Political and Social Sciences.
- Ioannis Talianidis, Research director, Institute of Molecular Biology and Biotechnology, Foundation for Research and Technology Hellas (IMBB-FORTH) and AXA Chair in Epigenetics.
- Maria Konstantopoulou, representing the Association of Greek Researchers, non-voting member.