1. GENERAL INFORMATION
The National Council for Research, Technology and Innovation (NCRTI) is the supreme government advisory body responsible for shaping and implementing a national strategy for Research, Technological Development and Innovation (RTDI). The Council assists the competent Minister or Alternate Minister or Deputy Minister in charge of Research and Technology as well as the General Secretary for Research and Innovation (former General Secretariat for Research and Technology was renamed General Secretariat for Research and Technology by Presidential Decree (P.D.) 3/6.01.2021, article 3) in matters falling within their remit.
Related link in greek language : https://esetek.gov.gr/
2. CURRENT MEMBERS OF THE NCRTI ARE:
- Spyridon Artavanis Tsakonas, Professor Emeritus of Cell Biology, Harvard Medical School, President.
- Aristides-Thomas Doxiadis, Social Scientist and Economist, Vice-President.
- Anastasia Ailamaki, Professor of Computer Sciences at the Ecole Polytechnique Fédérale de Lausanne (EPFL), Director of the Data-Intensive Applications and Systems (DIAS) Lab; co-founder of RAW Labs SA.
- Ioannis Talianidis, Research director, Institute of Molecular Biology and Biotechnology, Foundation for Research and Technology Hellas (IMBB-FORTH) and AXA Chair in Epigenetics.
- Christina Koulouri, Professor in Modern and Contemporary History, Rector of the Panteion University of Political and Social Sciences.
- Eleftheria Zeggini, Director of the Institute of Translational Genomics, Helmholtz Zentrum Munchen, Germany.
- Alexandrou Constantia, Professor of Theoretical Physics, University of Cyprus και Institute Professor, The Cyprus Institute.
- Petros Koumoutsakos, Jr. Professor of Engineering and Applied Sciences and Area Chair of Applied Mathematics at Harvard John A. Paulson School of Engineering and Applied Sciences (SEAS)
- Spyros Pandis, Professor in the Chemical Engineering Department of the University of Patras and collaborating Faculty in the Institute of Chemical Engineering Sciences of the Foundation for Research and Development Hellas (FORTH)
- Vasiliki Papasouli, Economist, Regional Mandate Manager at the European Investment Fund, ΜΜ – Equity
- Dimitri A. Sotiropoulos, Professor of Political Science at the Department of Political Science and Public Administration, National and Kapodistrian University of Athens (NKUA), senior researcher at the ELIAMEP foundation (Athens) and research associate of the Hellenic Observatory of the London School of Economics and Political Science (LSE).
- Basil C. Tarlatzis, Prof. Emeritus of Obstetrics – Gynecology and Human Reproduction
- Angelos Chaniotis, Professor of Ancient History and Classics at the Institute for Advanced Study, Princeton
- Dr. Harietta Eleftherochorinou, Vice President of Innovation Ventures and Partnerships at IQVIA
- Dr. Stelios Papadopoulos, Chairman of the Board of Directors of Biogen Inc.